The guidance and counseling program at Pickens Elementary School follows the guidance standards of the State of South Carolina. The curriculum covers the Student Development Areas of:
- Learning to Live (Personal/Social)
- Learning to Learn (Academic)
- Learning to Work (Career)
The Guidance counselor has chosen materials and programs to make learning effective and fun for the students of Pickens Elementary.
As a guidance counselor, my job is to:
I work with Teachers, Parents and Students to help find solutions to problems and improve relationships.
"LIFE IS A JOURNEY"
- Teach the Guidance Curriculum in structured groups or through classroom guidance.
- Help with individual planning through Advising, Assessment, Placement & Follow-up
- Provide Responsive Services such as Counseling, Consulting, Referring
- Support the Principal and Teachers and other Personnel
For additional information, contact Cathy Frierson, Guidance Counselor at 397-2304