The mission of Pickens Elementary School, supported by the home and the community, is to enable students to achieve their fullest potential and to be positive contributing citizens by engaging them in valuable learning experiences in a safe child-centered environment.
- Students are our first priority.
- In the pursuit of excellence.
- In a safe, caring, learning environment for all students and staff.
- Learning and education are life-long processes.
- All students must have equitable educational opportunities.
- All people are unique and valuable.
- All people can learn and contribute to society.
- Education is a shared responsibility between home and school..
- Education is the key to success.
- Cultural diversity promotes full development of the individual and society.
- The parent is a child's first teacher.
- Today's schools shape tomorrow's workforce.